Defending you against gun-related charges in Salt Lake City
Responsible gun ownership is an important right — but it is also a weighty responsibility. Crimes become substantially more serious when they involve a weapon. And the reckless use or possession of a firearm can be a serious crime. Weapons crimes in Utah carry serious penalties as well as the possibility of restrictions on future licensing. That’s why it’s important for anyone facing weapons charges to have counsel from an experienced attorney. Our team at Intermountain Legal understands how the use of a weapon impacts other criminal charges and how charges play out in Utah courts. We work with prosecutors to arrange plea bargains to reduce some of these harsher penalties. But we remain ready to go to trial if necessary to protect our clients.
Common Utah weapons charges
The team at Intermountain Legal is prepared to address numerous gun and gun-involved criminal charges on behalf of our clients. Our attorneys have both prosecution and defense experience negotiating plea bargains and conducting trials involving various weapons charges:
- Gun and weapons charges — Buyers, sellers, owners and users of guns are subject to numerous state and federal requirements. Moreover, crimes involving the use of a gun are substantially more serious than those where weapons weren’t involved. Our legal team has the experience to help clients confront serious gun and weapons charges.
- Possession of a firearm in an airport — It is illegal for anyone except certain exempt individuals to be in possession of a firearm in an airport. But whether the crime was committed intentionally or negligently makes a huge difference in the penalties imposed. A lawyer can identify the facts of your case that can help minimize these charges.
- Discharge of a firearm from a vehicle — Utah law makes the discharge of a firearm from a vehicle under certain circumstances a criminal act, even if no one was hurt or even placed in danger. Our attorneys fully understand this crime and know how to defend those accused of it.
- Reckless endangerment — The reckless use of a handgun can frequently be the catalyst for a charge of reckless endangerment, even if no one was injured. Our Salt Lake City attorneys can help fight these serious charges.
Call our firm for a free consultation to discuss your weapons charge
Intermountain Legal has defended clients of all types — including individual gun owners as well as gun shops and dealers — from various criminal weapons charges. We know the law and we know the process. Call our office today at 801-990-4200 or contact us online to begin taking control of your legal troubles.
For additional information on Weapon Crimes, see the following sections:
- Gun & Weapons Charges
- Possession of a Weapon or Firearm in an Airport
- Discharge of a Firearm from a Vehicle
Intermountain Legal is located in Salt Lake City, UT and serves clients throughout all of Northern and Central Utah including Salt Lake City, Midvale, Sandy, West Jordan, North Salt Lake, Bountiful, South Jordan, Clearfield, Woods Cross, Draper, Farmington, Centerville, Layton, Ogden, Lehi, Provo, Orem, Park City and the counties of Davis, Salt Lake, Weber, Utah, Tooele and Summit.