Information and peace of mind for people considering divorce
Contemplating divorce is emotionally difficult — and compounded by the fact that most people have no idea what to expect from the divorce process. Before deciding on divorce, it is important to educate yourself. Having an idea of the costs, timeframes and issues that may arise can help you decide what your goals and priorities are and more effectively plan for your future as well as that of your children. As a family law practitioner, Hailey Black of Intermountain Legal understands how intimidating the divorce process can be. That’s why she makes it a priority to give her clients the care, attention and peace of mind they deserve every step of the way.
Common questions about divorce
Knowing some answers to common questions about divorce can help you more effectively prepare for your initial contact with a Salt Lake City divorce attorney. But it should not be a substitute for legal advice rendered by a professional after thorough consideration of your individual circumstances.
- Do I need an attorney?
- How much does an attorney cost?
- What are my rights as a parent?
- What will the court consider when deciding custody?
- What is the difference between physical and legal custody?
- Does my child’s opinion matter?
- What are my child support obligations?
- How is child support calculated?
- What does the court consider in determining alimony?
- How does adultery affect a divorce?
- Who will get the house when we get divorced?
- Does my spouse have a right to my retirement and savings?
- Will I be liable for my spouse’s debts?
- How do I obtain a protective order?
- How will a protective order affect my divorce?
- Can I get an annulment?
- What is mediation?
- Can my spouse adopt my children?
- How does the process of enforcing child support work?
- What are the grounds for divorce in Utah?
- The Court’s discretion in determining alimony?
- What challenges are involved with a Utah guardianship?
Call the firm for a free consultation to learn about your legal issue
Call our office today at 801-990-4200 or contact us online to schedule a free 30-minute consultation to discuss your family law matter.
Intermountain Legal is located in Salt Lake City, UT and serves clients throughout all of Northern and Central Utah including Salt Lake City, Midvale, Sandy, West Jordan, North Salt Lake, Bountiful, South Jordan, Clearfield, Woods Cross, Draper, Farmington, Centerville, Layton, Ogden, Lehi, Provo, Orem, Park City and the counties of Davis, Salt Lake, Weber, Utah, Tooele and Summit.