Casualties of Justice Scholarship
$1,500 award for Spring/Winter 2019 semester in Utah.
Intermountain Legal’s Casualties of Justice Scholarship is a one-time $1,500 award for the Spring/Winter 2019 semester (beginning January 2019) in Utah.
DeadlineDEADLINE TO APPLY: December 1, 2018.
Applicant Criteria1. Applicant or applicant’s family member must have been accused of, arrested for, or convicted of a crime and suffered unfair or excessive consequences because of an unfair law or how the case was handled by the criminal justice system.
2. Applicant must be currently enrolled in or accepted to any State-sponsored or private, not-for-profit, college or university in the state of Utah.
3. Applicant must be a Utah resident.
Award recipient will be contacted before December 31, 2018 and a personal check will be mailed to the recipient before January 1, 2019.
*Clients and immediate family members of Intermountain Legal employees are not eligible for this award.
- Dropbox – Upload your video to Dropbox by clicking here (or copy and paste this link into a browser on a computer or mobile device: https://www.dropbox.com/request/hfG5JGYoTLAqPGaETmwJ). Then click the “Choose files” blue button. Select your video file from your computer, phone, tablet, etc. Once your file is selected, additional field boxes will appear. Type your first name, last name and email address as prompted. Click “Upload.” Wait for the file to finish uploading. You will see the message, “Thanks! You’re all done” when it is complete. This may take a few minutes; OR
- YouTube – Upload your video to a personal YouTube account and mark it as unlisted. Then, enter your YouTube unlisted video link in the online form below.
How to Apply
Two ways to apply (choose one):
1. ESSAY: Complete the online application below and attach your compelling essay (up to 750 words) explaining your, or your family member’s, negative experience with the criminal justice system and how it should be improved. (Essays longer than 750 words will not be considered.)
2. VIDEO: Complete the online application below and submit your compelling video (up to 2 ½ minutes) explaining your, or your family member’s, negative experience with the criminal justice system and how it should be improved. (Videos longer than 2 ½ minutes will not be considered.)
If you choose to submit a video, choose one of the following ways to do so:
Questions may be directed to: ledwards@intermountainlegal.