Providing comprehensive family law service throughout Utah
Family law problems are often interrelated, so a firm practicing family law must address the many ancillary issues that can arise during a typical divorce or custody proceeding. Intermountain Legal is experienced in every aspect of family law. As a divorce law firm in Salt Lake City, we can help you obtain a favorable divorce decree and custody order as well as help you obtain a modification should your situation change. We also provide experienced and practical legal counsel regarding adoption, guardianships and grandparent visitation and are aggressive advocates for victims of domestic violence.
A family law firm that is attentive to your needs
As a family law firm in Salt Lake City, Intermountain Legal handles all your family law matters with personal attention, practical advice and zealous representation. Milda Shibonis, our principal family law practitioner, has experience in the following aspects of family practice:
- Divorce — Even uncontested divorces require the parties to settle issues such as property distribution, alimony and child custody and support. While negotiating these issues out of court can expedite the process, an experienced attorney can ensure that any settlement is fair and complete and can litigate your case if necessary.
- Guardianship — For incapacitated adults or a minor child left without parental care, establishing a guardianship may be necessary to help manage their affairs. Establishment of a guardianship is complex legal process requiring the help of a skilled guardianship lawyer.
- Protective orders — A protective order can provide a measure of security during difficult domestic disputes by enjoining contact with an abusive spouse or partner, providing temporary support and temporarily determining custody of children and possession of a home and other essential property.
- Domestic violence — In addition to filing criminal charges, victims of domestic violence must take special steps to protect themselves from an abusive spouse, partner or other individual.
- Grandparent visitation — While custody and visitation of minor children is generally allocated between natural parents, grandparents may also have rights under some circumstances.
- Adoptions — The adoption process can be complex but is also a necessary step in fully welcoming a child into your family.
Call the firm for a consultation today
As a family law and guardianship law firm, Intermountain Legal has helped people across Utah confront domestic legal issues in a practical and effective manner. We take the time to ensure our clients understand their legal position so that they have the necessary information to make good decisions. Call our office today at 801-990-4200 or contact us online to schedule a 30-minute attorney consultation for $50 to discuss your family law matter.
Intermountain Legal is located in Salt Lake City, UT and serves clients throughout all of Northern and Central Utah including Salt Lake City, Midvale, Sandy, West Jordan, North Salt Lake, Bountiful, South Jordan, Clearfield, Woods Cross, Draper, Farmington, Centerville, Layton, Ogden, Lehi, Provo, Orem, Park City and Davis, Salt Lake, Weber, Utah, Tooele and Summit counties.